Jeremy Hinegardner is a known speaker in the Ruby community and has spoken at Ruby and other developer conferences around the world. In addition he has developed several open source rubygems and has contributed to multiple other open source projects.
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Islay, Scotland
- wherever my nephews happen to be
There's a photo of me receiving Michael Jackson - Thriller for my birthday. I was wearing a muscle shirt. That's all you get to know.
Really good at
- Backend software that deals with lots of data
- Understanding and solving complex problems
- Following a recipe
- Enjoying cuisine in wonderful places around the world with good friends
- Reading lots of speculative fiction
Been coding for
Started coding because
It felt like home. There was a natural affinity. It was new and exciting and computers do exactly what you tell them to do.
Part of the work that makes you come alive
The joy and relief on people's faces when a continual worry they have has been solved and they don't have to worry about it again.
Building an aircraft tracking system that combines Data piplines, asychronous job processing, integration with GIS, third-party authentication, embedded systems, GraphQL. All of this coming together in an efficient manner to produce a solution to a very messy problem.
- Being on call for app/Ruby/Rails/Postgresql/Data architecturing and troubleshooting
- Moving and converting all that crap data into something that is useful
- Facilitator of Code && Coffee
- Sometimes cleaner of the kitchen
- Doer of things that other people ask
- Understanding complex problem domains
- Large data volume management and processing
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Vue / Nuxt
- AWS Infrastructure
- Open API / JSON Schema and schema-driven design and development
- Esoteric technology questions
- Core language problems for Ruby
Been with the company how long?
Since the beginning
- Collective Intellect
University of Missouri, Columbia - MS - Computer Science